Thank you for being a part of the Nurses’ Professional Group (NPG)!
We hope you find the many membership benefits useful to your nursing practice.
The Benefits of Your NPG Membership
Benefits of your NPG Membership include, but are not limited to:
- The opportunity to network with colleagues through a Web Message Board and an Email Discussion List (listserv) specific to the NPG. To utilize either of these services, please visit the following links for screen-by-screen instructions on signing up:
- The ability to find a colleague by logging into your ASRM account and searching the online membership directory
- Online access to ASRM publications such as Fertility and Sterility
- The opportunity to apply for grant awards in nursing research (as available)
- The opportunity to participate in the NPG membership “meet and greet” at the ASRM Annual Meeting
- Discounts on online CME/CEU educational opportunities through ASRM’s eLearn™ program including a Certificate Course for REI nurses (see criteria below for this course)
- The ability to provide nurse-related feedback through needs assessments and post-meeting evaluations as they pertain to ASRM Annual Meetings
- The dynamic organization of nursing-related offerings at each ASRM Annual Meeting to include the most applicable postgraduate courses, symposium, interactive sessions, and roundtable topics to offer the best CME/CEU options to both member/non-member nurses.
Criteria related to the Nursing Certificate Course
In order to take the certificate course, nurses must meet the following criteria:
- Hold a current, active nursing license in a state or territory of the United States or the professional, legally recognized equivalent in another country
- Have a minimum of 2,000 hours of experience as a registered professional nurse, and a minimum of 1,000 hours of experience in women's health
- Complete the entire series of 16 modules (although they do not have to be done in one sitting)
- Take a 160-question post-exam, with a minimum score of 70 percent correct, in one attempt after completion of the entire module series
- Complete the evaluation survey
- Print certificate of completion
Please note that after completion, you will also receive a framed certificate, along with a lapel pin showcasing the Nursing REI excellence emblem.
Nurses and other health professionals who do not meet these criteria can take any of the 16 individual modules that make up the Certificate Course, or they may take the Infertility and Assisted Reproductive Technology Course (MD047) that provides a certificate of completion for the 16 modules.
NPG Volunteers and Committees
The NPG Executive Board consists of many volunteer committee chairs. We are always looking for nurses with new ideas to help improve the benefits offered to our members. Please get involved! If you are interested, please contact Christy Davis, NPG Member Services Coordinator, at email@example.com. NPG currently maintains the following active committees (listed with the current committee chairs) and representatives to other groups:
- Abstract Research Committee – Cynthia Wilson, R.N., B.S.N.
- Bylaws Committee – Nancy Harrington, R.N.C.
- E-Communication Committee – Shalini Gunawardena, R.N., B.S.N.
- Nominations Committee – Tamara Tobias, A.R.N.P.
- Professional Development Committee – Debbie Jaffe, B.S.N., R.N.
- Nurse Practitioners’ Committee – Aimee Weston, R.N.C., B.S.N.
- Membership Committee – Maria Jackson, R.N., B.S., M.A.
- Scientific Program/Postgraduate Course Chair – Debbie Jaffe, B.S.N., R.N.
- Rep to ASRM Content Review Committee – Shalini Gunawardena, R.N., B.S.N.
- Rep to ASRM Membership Committee – Nancy Harrington, R.N.C.
- Rep to ASRM Patient Education Committee – Angela Smith ED.D., M.A.
- NPG Rep to SART – Sue Schneider, R.N.C.
Please contact us with any suggestions for improving your organization. We are here with the goal to improve the resources and education available to nurses in the field of reproductive endocrinology and infertility, and we welcome your feedback.
Aimee Weston, R.N.C., B.S.N.
NPG Chair 2011-2012